Easy Mezze Platter with Crispy Pita Chips
Since I have started following the Mediterranean Way of eating, I have traded making charcuterie boards for making Mezze platters. Making a colorful, healthy mezze Platter is easy. Since I follow a Mediterranean diet meal plan and prep my food for the week, I will usually have veggies already washed, cut, and ready to go. I also always have goat cheese or feta and pita bread. This makes these platters a snap to assemble. They are fun to put together and delicious. They are crowd pleasers that really showcase the beauty of the Mediterranean Way of Eating. This Easy Mezze Platter with Crispy Pita Chips is sure to be a hit at your next gathering or a nice treat for the family any day of the week.
*This post contains affiliate links, as an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
What is a Mezze Platter?
A mezze platter is a healthier alternative to a charcuterie board. In place of the processed meats found on a traditional charcuterie board, a mezze platter is made up of fresh vegetables, goat or feta cheeses, olives, dips such as tzatziki or hummus and pita bread.
These platters are a great way to have fun with food design.
Cooking utensils you will need:
a platter – I highly recommend getting a beautiful wooden board, it makes such a nice presentation
a pizza cutter
a brush (to brush on the olive oil)
Ingredients you will need:
- Goat or feta cheese
- red, yellow and green peppers (cut into strips)
- cucumbers ( I used tiny cucumbers and cut them into rounds)
- whole wheat Pita bread
- tzatziki dip ( homemade or store bought – I use Good Foods dairy free tzatziki, very clean ingredients)
- olive tapenade or olives
- extra virgin olive oil
- everything but the bagel seasoning
To make the crispy pita chips:
- Using a pizza cutter, cut the Pita chips into eight squares and then brush with olive oil.
2. Place the chips into your air fryer, in a single layer and sprinkle with Everything but the bagel seasoning. I use a Big Boss air fryer because I love that it has a big glass bowl and no non stick surface.
3. Air fry the chips at 325 for 7-8 minutes, or until golden brown.
If you do not have an air fryer, you can bake the pita chips in the over for 8-10 minutes at 375 ( watch them closely)
TO ASSEMBLE THE Mezze Platter:
- I always place my bowls down first and fill the bowls with the tapenade and the tzatziki
2. Next lay down the goat or feta cheese
3. Place the vegetables on the board
4. lastly put down the crispy pita bread.
Now that you have some inspiration go create one of these Easy Mezze Platter with Crispy Pita Chips for yourself, I know you are going to love it!
WANT MORE EASY AND DELICIOUS RECIPES?
Join our FREE farm to table recipe recipe sharing community HERE for nightly What’s for dinner inspiration, and a community of people who love delicious and healthy food. ( Please note as this is a recipes sharing community – not everything posted in this group will be Mediterranean diet friendly – however, everything that I post will.)
Never miss a recipe – subscribe to Homesteading and Hungry Here